NOT THIS KIND;
Fast food is the term given to food that can be prepared and served very quickly. While any meal with low preparation time can be considered to be fast food, typically the term refers to food sold in a restaurant or store with low quality preparation and served to the customer in a packaged form for take-out/take-away. The term "fast food" was recognized in a dictionary by Merriam–Webster in 1951.
Trans fats which are commonly found in fast food have been shown in many tests to have a negative health effect on the body. A 2006 study fed monkeys a diet consisting of a similar level of trans fats as what a person who ate fast food regularly would consume. Both diets contained the same overall number of calories. It was found that the monkeys who consumed higher level of trans fat developed more abdominal fat than those fed a diet rich in unsaturated fats. They also developed signs of insulin resistance, which is an early indicator of diabetes. After six years on the diet, the trans fat fed monkeys had gained 7.2% of their body weight, compared to just 1.8% in the unsaturated fat group.
The director of the obesity program for the Children's Hospital Boston, David Ludwig, claims that "fast food consumption has been shown to increase calorie intake, promote weight gain, and elevate risk for diabetes". The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ranked obesity as the number one health threat for Americans in 2004. It is the second leading cause of preventable death in the United Sates and results in 400,000 deaths each year. About 60 million American adults are classified as being obese with another 127 million being overweight. Health issues associated with obesity causes economic despair regarding health care. According to a 2003 study conducted by RTI International in North Carolina, the cost of health care in America is said to increase by $93 billion a year, mainly from Type 2 diabetes and heart disease, both associated with obesity.
Excessive calories are another issue with fast food. A regular but not overly filling meal at McDonald's of a Big Mac, large fries, and a large Coca-Cola drink amounts to 1430 calories. A diet of approximately 2000 calories is considered a healthy amount of calories for an entire day (which is different depending on several factors such as weight, height, physical activity and gender).
But this kind...
Fasting is primarily the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. A fast may be total or partial concerning that from which one fasts, and may be prolonged or intermittent as to the period of fasting.
So, tonight I was thinking about something. I was really hungry.
No one went to walmart today so I was kinda sorta screwed on food options. I wanted something good for me.. Something yummy and healthy..
But there wasnt anything.
This was 5:30 when I was hungry. I was talking to Caitlin about it round 7pm.. Then around 10 mom was like, You need to eat!. But I realized I wasnt even hungry as of just 1:30 hours after the initial hunger.
Then mom made a list for dad to get things from walmart on the way home. Only thing is that I didnt know she did...
Katie got some things she was wanting.
Mom got stuff to make dad a chicken meal..
She got stuff for some potatoe salad for herself.
And there wasnt anything for me.
Kinda suckish, I know, but really whatever.
So, it got me thinking. I could just fast for a couple of days. That would make it to where I'm not looking for food, and not woryying about it. And any point where Im hungry I just have water.
I know for sure my friends will object, but at this point it doesnt really matter. I never see any of them any more anyways. My best friend and I are soo distant. Her birthday is in a week, and I have thought of things I could get her but I have no idea if she would like or want them...
The whole gang was at her house earlier... playing video games... having a good ol' time.....
I miss that...
But I just have to get over it.
Im getting my haircut tomorrow. Im going to fast for 3-4 days. Maybe longer.
I will not listen to any objections.
I have alot of reasons for why I am doing it. Its important to me and Im sorry if it isnt understood.
By the way, the "seven words you can never say on television" wasnt my own writing. Its a joke by the late and great George Carlin.
How come I cant edit my text as much anymore?
Hmm..
Luckily the next time I go to work Caitlin H. will be back!! I have realized that there are only 3 drivers I like working with.
Caitlin; She is easy to work with, quick, and understands and gets done what needs to be done. Plus I love her amazing car and awesome stereo system. ;) Im so gonna steal it!! haha
Justin J.; He is quite comical! lol. He makes the stupid stuff justroll off your back by making a joke about it. Plus he a quick good driver. He just needs to remember to not leave his ring in the dish room. Silly Justin.
Eddie A.; He is new, but as of the last couple nights I worked with him, he was running circles around the other drivers. He is pretty good, and only got lost like once. haha.
((FYI; All these people are like not too much older than me. All the old peoples suck for the most part. ))
I just made myself a happy music playlist. Its all the music that just is calming. Some of it a bit gut wrenching cause it brings up memories or thoughts, but I kinda want that right now.
The choir concert is coming up on May 5th. So far it looks like 8 to 10 songs we are going to do; of which including Seasons of Love ((five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes. how do you measure, measure a year?....)), New york state of mind, radiator lions, elijah rocks, yonder come day, and some others.
I hope we do some sort of beatles, queen, or whatever song.
I feel so yucky right now. Hot enough that Im nearly sweating, yet freezing cold. stomache ache from hell. Migrain that has lasted all day and all night. exhausted yet wide awake.
just hurting...
I dont think I am going to go to that switchfoot concertthat judith is selling tickets fors. I mean I know that it was only 20$ for the 50 or so bands (wasnt that how many??) but I just dont know. I wonder if krista or any one else from the gang is going.
I wonder if krista even told the others about it, haha. I know I didnt.
Plus I dont think I have 20$ to spend on it.
So I havent talked to him in a little while.. Last time I did he was ungodly sweet... It was waht I posted a bit ago... ((a bit vague to which one but hopefully you know)))
:( Teardrops on My Guitar jsut started playing... Perfect timing. I'm sad now. I mean you know those hugs from the guy who says he loves you... those hugs that let you know there is someone who wants you. To let you know your not alone...
I need one of those hugs.. Or at least I really want one of those hugs.....
A hug is an amazing thing-
It's just the perfect way
To show the love your feeling
But can't find the words to say....
Hugs=Love.
Well I am thinking that at this point I have writen enough. Especially since its 3am.
I am going to go to sleep now.
Goodnight all....
Cecelia™
April 13, 2009
Fast Food
Posted by Ceeb Geeb at 2:18 AM
0 comments:
Post a Comment