I haven’t written in a while, and by a while I mean a very, very, very long time. I just haven’t even thought about posting anything to be honest.
So what to say?
The life of a 17yr old girl can only change so much in a few months time. Boys come and go. Classes start and end. Nothing truly significant can happen in a few months time for most. But the key factor in the sentence is the “for most.” Though it didn’t happen to me directly, a significant event did occur. My little sister, Katie, a mere 6yrs old, became sick. Our doctor diagnosed her with strep throat, a bacterial infection, and gave her two types of prescription medicines. These medicines didn’t help subside any of her symptoms. In fact, most of them got worse. Her cough got deeper, proving it was a lung issue. So as her symptoms worsened, fear of what she really had sky rocketed. Mom got so afraid and took action right away. My sister was rushed to the emergency room at SBRMC. They diagnosed her with H1N1 and pneumonia. This is something that our doctor tested her for, and said that she didn’t have. She was admitted right away. It was found through xrays and other testing that one of her lungs was ¾ way full of fluid. The doctors said that she had to get them drained right away or she would drown herself. She was then rushed over to USACW hospital, and went into surgery. They made a seven inch (roughly) incision on her left side and two small incisions below it. The two smaller incisions had chest tubes in order to keep the fluid draining out. She was on a respirator, feeding tubes, 3 IVs, a catheter, and the chest tubes. This continued for about 2 days, and then she was off the respirator. Everything else stayed in at least 5 more days. Then slowly by surely little by little was removed and she gained more mobility. She was in PICU for the few days of the chest tubes being in. Then they were taken out and she was released to a regular room. She continued doing her homework and everything from school that was faxed over. Her and Mom went for walks through the park, well mom walking and Katie riding in the wagon behind. Katie spent a total of 16 days in the hospital, and a total of a month and a half being sick.
That was on the list of being one of the most scary things that has ever happened in my life.
Now on to the holiday that was mainly for Katie: Christmas. We worked so hard as a family to make sure that Santa got Katie the biggest and best presents that she wanted. Santa did quite well and procured a Wii, with an extra controller and 3 games. She received several posters, board games, and other little kid type things as well. Her stocking was filled to the brim with all sorts of candies and chocolates. She said that this was the best Christmas she’s ever had.
And for me it was as well. All of the immediate family was here. We had a delicious dinner. I received a new car radio (for a car in which has never had one). I simply enjoyed every bit of it. My older sister and I ended up going to the movies and saw Sherlock Holmes. It was a truly amazing movie. Great acting, great graphics, and an amazing plot line. Though it was over two hours long, every minute of it was exciting, funny, and full of action. The theater was filled to capacity, and no matter how badly you had to, going to the bathroom was not worth missing any of that movie.
I’ve been napping a good bit in school. During homeroom/break, lunch, 2nd block…. This isn’t because I’m tired. On the contrary actually. I’m not that tired during the day. I get plenty of sleep most nights, and during decent times as well. Its more of an escape. (Es-scop-ayy). Hahaha. Love Nemo.
When I am asleep, no one can tamper with my world. My dreams are mine. My thoughts are mine. Reality is so easily manipulated into unpleasant ways by unpleasant and unwanted people. I’d rather not be awake sometimes. Dream world, even if in day dream form, is completely and utterly perfect.
Most the time I want to tell my friends and others who care about me, “Hey, this is what is wrong. This is what is bothering me! I just need someone to help me.” But never, not once, do I say that. Never do I say that everytime I walked into my second block class I felt stupid and behind. I walked in there and just felt the stares from the students as well as the teacher. Stares saying that I didn’t belong there. I felt like I didn’t belong in any of my classes. First block was as if I was too stupid to be there. It was like everyone in there fit and I was the odd puzzle piece. I was behind. Second block was more of I was too stupid in a way of I was taking a lower class, not a higher one where I couldn’t do it. The class was ridiculously easy. I just didn’t care for it or anyone in it. And third block was just another repeat. I had all the worksheets from the previous year. I had it all done, but I had to sit in there every single day and watch the clock go by.
This semester of school, this year supposedly to be the best, was one of the worst I have ever experienced. My lack of money caught up to me and was magnified as the bills of this year were thrown at me. Unlike several peers, I paid for every bit of my expenses. The graduation stuff, the pictures, the Shakespeare trip, the class fees and registration, the everything. “Everything” adds up to a lot of money. And my minimum wage job isn’t doing a great job of covering that, gas, car troubles, Christmas presents, and other expenses.
Money can be such a horrible thing some times. Especially when you can’t keep it.
Boys are a story I don’t even want to touch base on to be honest. With being asked out a few times, and constant flirtations, I’m just unsure of what to say about that species. Haha.
Though I must say, I really do want a boyfriend. Of course that is going to have to wait until sometime after March. Maybe after May. Depends really.
I think being at nearly 1200 words is plenty for this post. Yet at the same time I really don’t want to stop writing. I feel like I should fill in that boy section, but I’m not going to. That’ll be for a later date.
I also don’t want to talk about inconsiderate people who I live with, or the fright of not being able to pay for college… So what do I talk about.
Hmmm….
University of Alabama is AMAZAZAZAZAZING!!!!! =D
I love my bestestest friends and their awesomeness. This week I’ll get some more stuff for peoples late Christmas presents.
I’ll go for now. Time to fix the template and stuff of this blog.
Toodles,
Much love,
Cecelia
0 comments:
Post a Comment